Monday, October 22, 2007

To buy a child's affections

Super B took our daughter camping this weekend on a father/daughter trip, leaving me and boys to fend for ourselves. Which we of course managed quite nicely.

Friday night we went to the ice cream shop for dinner then we came home and had popcorn for dessert. Definitly not our normal menu, though we got blueberry ice cream so I am counting it as a fruit. The next morning I pushed together all the furniture in our den and made the world's largest tent fort. We spent most of the day playing and reading in there. Oh, and keeping the little guy from trying to crawl on the blanket roof. He just didn't get that it would not hold him up!

We did lunch at the pizza buffet in town and then hosted our babysitting co-op Saturday night. After the co-op kids left, my 4YO son and I snuggled in the fort and he fell asleep in there. He begged me to sleep in there with him but I guess there are some limits on my love. I was just not up for an all-nighter on the hardwood floor of my den with my legs poking out from under the sofa.

However, after all that revelry and buying my child's affection with unhealthy food, I think I have regained favorite parent status with my 4YO son. He is such a daddy's little guy, I have to take every chance I can to get his lovin'.

No comments: