Saturday, September 15, 2007

Been a while...

It is has been quite a while since I last wrote. In that time we have gone to a funeral, gone to Disney World, returned that horrible rental car, and started school. I guess we have all started school really. B is back in school to get his CPA, for what reason we are not sure, but he feels led in that direction. I am teaching preschool again, and of course the kiddos started their respective educational endeavors. I hasten to add that some of the kids' endeavors may be more educational than others...

I also feel rather busy for someone who claims to seek "Life in the Slow Lane" as a motto. The older kids are doing both Choir and Awannas. Then Bean is doing soccer and Girl Scouts. I should say all three kids are doing Girl Scouts since I am the leader, Bean is the Scout and the two boys are the mascots. They do everything with the troop so really that is a family affair as well. Then my mommy thing this year is MOPS. I am a table leader and that is just pure cotton candy. I love the meetings, I love being a table leader and meeting new people. I love the food at the meetings. Ok, I admit I love MOPS because I love the food.

I am hoping that once all the organizational meetings end, life will seem slower. It is my goal to have our afternoons/weekends be family time and to not sign up for too many activies that divide brothers from sister and mom/dad from the kiddos. Though with Dad bringing home the bacon and I can't really expect him to be home in the afternoons with us too!

I don't want to do the whole taking your child to a million activities all week. Seems like time that would often be better spent doing stuff with the kiddos, rather than paying someone else to entertain them. Not to mention a poor use of gas. :) I think that is one of the things I like about the Awannas program. Yes, the kiddos leave our orbit for a while, but then we get to work on our verse all week. So it actually adds family time into our week rather than just stealing from it.

That is also why I stopped blogging for a bit. I needed to spend less time on the computer for a bit to start the year out on the right foot. So, hopefully now I can finally write my commentary on cupholders and a few new subjects that I have been bantering about in my head!

No comments: