Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Why Can't I Be Rich???

I discovered today what I would do it I were truly wealthy. Yes, I would give to the poor and yes, I would generally do good works to make the world a better place, but what I would also do with abandon is eat well. Really well...mushrooms that cost $20 well kind of well.

I went to Central Market today with my mom's group and we got a tour of the whole store. Those that know me know I love to eat and I really prefer healthy food and love veggies of all sorts. That place was heaven...and hell. I walked through the produce aisles and dreamed of stir fries and paellas, but there is no way my budget allows for eating the way my stomach leads me. And quite frankly, my kiddos are not going to start eating portabello burgers for dinner either even if I suddenly magically had the time to cook gourmet every night.

So instead, I will fantasize....if I had unlimited money I would eat fresh fish each night that was caught in Hawaii and shipped overnight to my local store. I would marinate in herbs I can't pronounce, use sea salt that is organic and hand harvested once a year on the full moon and eat fruits from Taiwan and New Zealand. Of course in my fantasy I would also have a cook or at least a sous chef to help me out too. It is a pretty good fantasy for someone who shops at Walmart most of the time.

No comments: