Friday, April 24, 2009

Ain't Life Grand?

Seriously, life is good this week. I better write about it now, because honestly it may not be good next week, that is just how it goes right?

The sun came out and it is shorts weather. I love walking around in flip flops and shorts or sundresses. I also love to sleep in shorts and now I can! Very simple things make me happy I guess. It was also my birthday this week and that was fun. I didn't do much but I walked around thinking, "I am 37 years old and I have a baby in my belly." I was one of those ladies that thought she would never have kids past the dangerous age of 35 and then when I got over that notion I just thought I would never get pregnant again. When I blew out the candles on my cake I didn't know what to wish for this time because I have wished for a baby since I can remember...and my wish is coming true. I wished for a great home birth instead!

Super B also got a good job offer. He was set to lose his current job at the end of the summer and while I knew it would all work out, it was a bit unsettling to think about a new baby, 3 other kiddos and an unemployed spouse, especially in this lousy economy. However, he worked hard and found a new job and I am so proud of him. I also am very pleased to not have to give up a few extras that I like during the pregnancy....including someone who helps me clean the house once in a while and pricier healthy foods that I could replace with other stuff but that I really enjoy eating.

I also had 5 doula interviews last week and 3 of those couples hired me. I am looking forward to each one of them, including one in August since it will be my last one until November or December. The coolest part about that couple is that she is delivering with the same OB and hospital I used when I had Bean. It took 8 plus years, but it is all coming full circle.

So happy days for now, hope I can ride this wave a while.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Happy Late Birthday! You're not old-neither am I- we are like a fine aged cheese or wine! Congrats to Brian on the job- so thankful!! Take care of yourself and enjoy the middle full of energy time!!
Love
Caroline