Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A Few Days in the Life...

Monday...The weekend was great. Except poor W touched the lawn mower's muffler and got a 2nd degree burn on the pad of his thumb. He was so sad, but I think it will be fine. He has not fussed about it since about an hour after it happened. Thank goodness he is not a thumb sucker! He would be out of luck. And as my hubby says, he can lead a life of crime now since he burnt his fingerprint off.

The older kids had swim lessons this morning. They have been so excited. I call it Mormon swimschool and the kids have picked up on that. (I need to break us both of that habit before they say it in front of their teachers. Though, I am not sure if they would be insulted or not.) It is in the backyard pool of a lovely LDS family. They have 8 children and most of them teach swimming in the summer. Most of thier students are also kids from the local LDS church so I usually feel like the only non-Mormon. But I love hanging out there during lessons with all the big families. Except that it makes me covet all the children. I would love to have 8 kids.Anyway, the lessons are great, one on one and the kids learn a lot. Bean was learning the butterfly stroke today. Heck, I can't do a butterfly stroke, though I can't say I feel like I am missing out by not being able to do so.

Thinking about taking the kiddos swimming again when W wakes up. We'll see if I can gather the energy...
----------
It started to rain again so no pool for us!

So instead of swimming, I shaved R's head into a mohawk. I made it pointy at the back end and now he is telling people he has a knife on his head and trying to poke people. He is such a BOY!!!
-----------
Final thought for the day:
Sweet vision of my crazy man. He feel asleep tonight on our bed in his camo shirt, tough boy mohawk (which he now thinks makes him look like a dragon), but snuggling with a small stuffed animal.

He may be tough on the outside but he is the sweetest guy full of love.

No comments: