Monday, July 2, 2007

The monsoon continues

Let me just pull of my rubber boots and monsoon gear to try to post in my blog. Honestly, I am thinking about seeing if my house can be converted to a foundation of stilts so we don't all drown.

Rained all weekend. Raining today. I wannnnnna goooo to the pool. Summer is not fun when you are stuck inside with torrential rains for two weeks on end. And you live in Texas so you don't expect rain period. End of whine.

Weekend was not bad though. I took the older kiddos to see a play at the Dallas Children's Theatre (Pinkerton). They really seemed to enjoy it, even R sat still and watched. He rarely sits still so that was huge in and of itself. Church was a little crazy. Bean pitched a fit about picking out a dress and R was throwing blocks in SS. But Super B took everyone to the library in the afternoon and let me read for a while. (more on that to come, I have LOTS of comments on the book I am reading, Perfect Madness: Motherhood in the Age of Anxiety)

No comments: